Translate

Friday, August 10, 2012

National tournament in Richmond, VA

It's been a while since I have posted here.  I've been spending time building a course template to upload photos/videos of lines for courses at my website.  You'll see some of that work here as I used this upcoming national tournament as a test.

So this weekend we have our fourth and last national regional tournament this year.  Sadly, we don't have the turnout I hoped.  Part of that is because we are in the doldrums of the season.  It has been a long year and it is easy to get people out for early events; for those of us who have struggled (like me) it takes much more resolve to keep plugging away.

What made things worse is that two weeks ago we had a state tournament here and the scores scared people off.  Averaging 25 per 18-holes wasn't good enough to get in the top half.

So we have about 40 pros and 30 of them would not be a surprise if they win.  (While I believe I can get on a rush for a 6-round tournament, others would be surprised)

In any case, it is about 12 hours before tee-off.  Rain and thunderstorms are in the immediate forecast, which means that this will be another tournament where practice conditions are different than competition conditions.  At least I've played and practiced in the slop...so there is that...

If you are curious about the course, I've put together a library here:
http://www.usminigolfer.com/Richmond_VA_C2/index.html

I'll try and update tournament results between rounds here:
http://www.usminigolfer.com/Minigolf_Results/2012_Eastern_Open/result.htm

1 comment:

  1. Good luck in the tourney!

    I'm looking forward to following your course notes/lines when I come over to play that course ;-)

    ReplyDelete